St. Giles’ Church

This small church dates from the 13th Century, the chancel and nave are of this period, the north aisle and the porch were added in the 14th and 17th Century respectively. The altar table is oak with four turned legs dating from 17th Century. The font with its square basin is of 12th Century style. The bell cote is modern and of stone. The single bell is dated 1809 and was made in Whitechapel Foundry, London by T. Mears.

Services ceased in 2010 because urgent repairs to the roof were needed.

Download a brief history of St. Giles’ Church: st_giles_leaflet4