We heard very exciting news at the Ibumu Refresher Evening. The secondary school in Ibumu is open! The ringbeam on the laboratory is nearly finished and some roof trusses are ready. Ibumu has electricity. All has been funded by the villagers themselves! There is still a lot more to do – with corrugated iron sheets, timber and nails needed to complete the roof and more furniture needed for the students (not all have a desk and chair).
I (Linda) have updated my blog with lots of details and photos of the developments in Ibumu: missiontripmusings.blogspot.com
Please pray for:
• Pastor Hepelwa Batazarli, his wife, Esther and baby Prosper and the church in Ibumu
• Village leadership, in particular the Village Chairman (Mwenyekiti) – that they will work together well
• The school and all the students attending
• Headmistress Naja Msokwa and the staff
• The completion of the school buildings and the furniture and equipment that is needed
• The renewal of relationships between Ibumu and EI and my churches
• Emmanuel International staff in Tanzania
(A huge thankyou to Linda for organizing a very interesting evening, It really doesn`t feel like it was three years ago.)
We are very encouraged about the secondary school at Ibumu that has opened in July 2018 and to hear about the progress on the laboratory building. There is a lot that still needs doing. Please pray! If you feel called to also financially support this, please speak to Linda Fitzmaurice (or email firstname.lastname@example.org) about how to do this.